(formerly Collexis), brought to you by the Office of Research and the Calder Library, is a powerful tool that allows researchers to pinpoint UM biomedical faculty by their area of proficiency. Instead of searching multiple department web pages for faculty information, users can utilize SciVal Experts as a one-stop resource to locate potential multidisciplinary team members, collaborators, or mentors at the University of Miami. SciVal Experts draws upon UM faculty publications from PubMed (the past 20 years) and NIH-funded research projects (NIH RePORTER) to automatically create and update dynamic faculty profiles. UM faculty can also input their CV data into their profile, as well.
SciVal Experts can:
- Identify researchers who can join a grant or a multidisciplinary team for big-science projects or translations research
- Uncover complementary research projects being undertaken on campus
- Identify possible mentors, partners, educators, and reviewers for the Internal Review Board
- Attract clinical trials and new industry engagements
- Denote the multiple subject areas that faculty have published under
- Execute bibliometric analysis on the research topics, journals, publication types that an individual UM faculty member or an entire UM department has performed research on
- Indicate that a new UM hire is also researching in one’s area of expertise
- Chart and analyze co-author connections geographically
- Help publicize UM ground-breaking research or cutting edge biomedical advances are happening at UM
Read more about SciVal Experts in our Scholarly Repository
SciVal Experts: Frequently-Asked Questions
Overview: Conceptual vs. Boolean vs. Last Name Searching
The Louis Calder Library is offering free classes on SciVal Experts. Please visit http://calder.med.miami.edu/forms/classregistration.html to register for a SciVal Experts class or one of the many other database classes we offer.
What is your SciVal Experts profile? Go to https://research.miami.edu/profiles and find out.